Welcome to Ph.D Research Centre in Commerce
- About Research Centre
- Admission, Eligibility & Duration
- List of Research Guide
- List of Register Students
- Policy Document
Shri Shahu Mandir Mahavidyalaya, Parvati, Pune-411009
The Ph.D. Research in Commerce at A.B.M.S. Parishad’s Shri Shahu Mandir Mahavidyalaya is affiliated and recognized by the Savitribai Phule Pune University. It was established from the academic year 2016-17. The Ph.D. Research in Commerce prepares the students in the career of research and teaching. It facilitates the research students to develop the in-depth understanding of their respective areas of specialization. The students demonstrate their independent research thinking through publications in academic journals and make scholarly presentations of their work. Their contributions extend not only to business practices, but also to public policy and governance. The Institute offers the Ph.D. programme in the discipline of Commerce and Management, with specializations in Business Administration, Banking Finance and Insurance, Accountancy and Auditing, Business Law & Taxation, Business Economics and Marketing.
In addition to reference Books, Journals & Periodicals, reading rooms etc. Library is fully automated, and provides services like Digital library, Institutional repository Center, Library web Portal which gives access to library collection, bibliographic databases, N-list database for research and E-resources. Library has developed a separate PG and reference section where our faculties and research students browse various research materials. Along with that, Library has also undertaken Institutional Membership of Jaykar Library, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, British Library for getting rate and variety of collection. Librarian sends email to all the library users regarding new collection and update such as E-books, Articles etc. for creating general awareness and inculcating research values amongst them. Every department has separate collection developed as Departmental Library. College has created necessary research facilties and computer laboratories with internet connection. The college also provides free Wi-Fi facility in the premises.
The objectives of the Ph.D. Research in Commerce are as follows:
1.To develop extensive knowledge in the area of specialization
2.To expertise the research methodological and analytical skills required in the area of research.
3.To promote research with contemporary relevance and useful for the society and ultimately for nation-building that enhances progress and well-being.
Strategies: In order to strengthen the research culture in the college, following activities are planned:
1. Involvement of more and more students in research activities
2. Organization of workshops, interactive sessions and hands-on-training programs for teachers, guides and research students.
3. Encouragement for research paper publication in authentic and genuine research journals preferably covered in UGC Care List Journals/Web of Science/Web of Social Science and/or Scopus databases
|Instruction to the Candidates appearing for the interview||04/05/2023|
|PET Exam qualified list||04/05/2023|
Procedure for admission to Ph.D. Programme
1. All admissions for Ph.D. programme shall be through an Entrance Test conducted by the SPPU.
2. Candidates qualified in UGC-NET (Including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (Including JRF)/SLET/GATE (valid score) or teacher fellowship holders will be exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. programme. (Please note that exempted candidate has to fill entrance test form to claim exemption.)
3. Candidates who have passed M. Phil. Programme of the SPPU will be exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. programme. (Please note that exempted candidate has to fill entrance test form to claim exemption.)
4. P. G. Admission Section of the SPPU shall notify on an annual basis a predetermined and manageable number of Ph.D. scholars to be admitted depending on the number of available Research Supervisors and other academic and physical facilities available, keeping in mind the norms regarding the scholar-teacher ratio, laboratory, library and such other facilities.
5. The SPPU shall notify well in advance on its website and through advertisement in at least two national newspapers, of which at least one shall be a Marathi newspaper. The details notified shall include the number of seats for admission, subject/discipline-wise distribution of available seats, criteria for admission, procedure for admission, examination centre(s) where entrance test(s) shall be conducted and all other relevant information for the benefit of the candidates.
6. The admission to Ph.D. programme shall be based on the criteria notified by the SPPU, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the University Grants Commission and other statutory bodies concerned, and taking into account the reservation policy of the Central/State Government prescribed from time to time.
Eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D. programme:
The following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme:
A. Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
B. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to reserved categories/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per policies of the Government of Maharashtra prescribed from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
C. Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same institution in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to reserved categories/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per policies of the Government of Maharashtra prescribed from time to time.
D. Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian institution, from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
(For detailed and latest information, kindly visit SPPU Website)
Duration of the Programme:
Ph.D. programme shall be of a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
Extension up to a maximum period of four semesters/two years for Ph.D. shall be given by the Research and Recognition Committee concerned on the recommendation of the Research Advisory Committee. The candidate concerned shall submit the application in prescribed format for extension through his Research Supervisor and Head of the Place of Research (Principal of the recognized research centre at affiliated college) three months before the expiry of the registration period.
The women candidates and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed an additional relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave once in the entire duration of M. Phil. /Ph.D. for up to 180 days.
(For detailed and latest information, kindly visit SPPU Website)
Ph.D. Research Center admit candidates by a two stage process through-
1. An Entrance Test conducted by SPPU, which shall be a qualifying test. The syllabus of the Entrance Test is uploaded at the SPPU website.
2. An interview organized by the Ph.D. Research Center as per the directives of SPPU where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee. The following aspects shall be considered during the interview, namely:-
A. Whether the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
B. Whether the research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College;
C. Whether the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
Process of Admission/Registration after the interview:
1. A selected applicant shall be required to make a brief presentation at the place of research before the Research Advisory Committee.
2. The presentation will be arranged by the Head of the Place of Research, on a date suggested by the Research Supervisor.
3. In case of any suggestions given by the Research Advisory Committee for improvement of the topic, the candidate shall make changes accordingly and present the topic again before the said Committee within a period of not more than fifteen days from the date of the earlier presentation.
4. After successful presentation, the Research Advisory Committee shall prepare a report on the basis of the presentation. The Head of the Place of Research shall send the report of the Research Advisory Committee along with the proposal, within period of not more than seven days, from the date of presentation to the P.G. Admission Section of the SPPU, to be placed before the Research and Recognition Committee. The date of the successful presentation shall be treated as the date of
provisional admission of the candidate and the candidate shall be given provisional admission/registration letter as per proforma given in Appendix – C.
5. A selected applicant seeking admission to the Ph.D. programme shall apply to the Registrar, SPPU in the prescribed format(Appendix – A) along with the registration fee as may be prescribed from time to time, within a period of two months from the date of allotment of the Research Supervisor.
6. The applicant shall submit along with the application eight copies of his Ph.D. proposal as per the Guidelines (Appendix – B) to the place of research.
7. The Research and Recognition Committee shall consider approval of the topic of research and appointment of Co-Supervisor, if necessary, from other departments of the SPPU/ recognized research centres at affiliated colleges or recognized institutions or recognized research institutions or from other related institutions/Universities, with the approval of the Research Advisory Committee.
8. If the candidate desires to modify the title and / or the proposed plan of the research, he shall apply at least one year before the date of submission of synopsis. Research and Recognition Committee concerned may approve such changes on the recommendation of the Research Supervisor and the Head of the Place of Research.
9. As per provisions of Ordinance 116, registered candidates shall not be allowed to register simultaneously for any other degree course.
10. The admission will be confirmed (Appendix – ‘D’) after the Research and Recognition Committee approves the topic. The decision of the Research and Recognition Committee shall be communicated to the Head of the Place of Research within seven days from the date of decision of the Research and Recognition Committee. The Head of the Place of Research shall communicate the same to the candidate concerned within three days from the date of receipt of the decision.
(For detailed information kindly refer Circular No-14/2017, Ref. No. PGS/144, dated 09/01/2017, Titled – Standard and Procedure for award of M.Phil and Ph.D Degree)
All candidates admitted to the Ph.D. programme shall be required to complete the course work, as approved by the Academic Council of the SPPU, during the initial one or two semesters.
Credit Requirements, number, duration, syllabus, minimum standards for completion, etc. for Ph.D. programme shall be as under:
1. Ph.D. course work shall be of 16 credits.
2. The course work shall be treated as prerequisite for Ph.D. programme.
3. The Ph. D. Course work shall consist of the following components, namely:-
Course 1: Research Methodology : 4 credits (Including Quantitative methods, Computer
Applications, research ethics and review of published research in the relevant field, training, field work, etc)
Course 2: Writing of Research Proposal for obtaining: 1 credit Financial assistance from national funding agencies Writing of Review : 1 credit Seminars :2 credits
Course 3: Subject specific advanced level courses :8 credits
Contents of Course 1 and Course 3 above shall be prescribed by the Board of Studies concerned.
All courses prescribed for Ph.D. course work shall be in conformity with the credit hour instructional requirement and shall specify content, instructional and assessment methods. They shall be duly approved by the Academic Council of the SPPU.
4. Candidates already holding M. Phil. degree and admitted to the Ph.D. programme, or those who have already completed the course work in M.Phil. and have been permitted to proceed to the Ph.D. in integrated course, shall be exempted from the Ph.D. course work. All other candidates admitted to the Ph.D. programme shall be required to complete the Ph.D. course work approved by the Academic Council of the SPPU.
5. Grades in the course work, including research methodology courses shall be finalized after a combined assessment by the Research Advisory Committee and the Place of Research and the final grades shall be communicated to the P. G. Admission Section of the SPPU.
6. Ph.D. scholar has to obtain a minimum of 55% of marks or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade / CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in the course work in order to be eligible to continue in the programme and submit the dissertation/thesis.
(For detailed and latest information, kindly visit www.unipune.ac.in SPPU Website)
SHRI SHAHU MANDIR MAHAVIDYALAYA, PARVATI, PUNE-09
PH.D RESEARCH CENTER IN COMMERC
RESEARCH GUIDES OF THE CENTER
|Sr. No.||Name of the Research Guide||Subject|
|1.||Dr. Bhosale Satish Arjun||Business Admin. and Business Practices|
|2.||Dr. Nawale Kishor Girish||Business Administration and Banking & Finance|
|3.||Dr. Nalawade Neha Devidas||Banking & Finance & Business Administration|
|4.||Dr. Borkar Dhondibhau S.||Banking & Finance|
|5.||Dr. Sheth Rupali Bipin||Accountancy & Auditing|
|6.||Dr. Pande Smita Subhashchandra||Business Law & Taxation and Bus. Administration|
|7.||Dr. Pawar Janardan Kundlikrao||Marketing and Business Administration|
|8.||Dr. Rashinkar Geeta Avinash||Banking & Finance|
|9.||Dr. Botre Gopinath Sahebrao||Business Administration|
|10.||Dr. Kadam Gajanan Ganeshrao||Banking & Finance|
|11.||Dr. Suryawanshi Subhash Masanappa||Business Administration|
|12.||Dr. Shitole Rani Somnath||Business Administration|
|13.||Dr. Suram Rakesh Dattatraya||Banking & Finance|
|14.||Dr. Desai Ramesh Sayaji||Business Economics|
|15.||Dr. Deshmukh Ashutosh A.||Business Economics|
|16.||Dr. Gadkar Parmeshwar Sambhaji||Business Economics|
|17.||Dr. Pravin Prabhakar Jadhav||Business Administration, Banking & Finance|
|18.||Dr. Maruti Arjun Kekane||Business Administration|
|19.||Dr. Jyoti Narayan Mane||Business Administration and Accountancy|
|20.||Dr. Sunil Dnyaneshwar Ukale||Business Economics|
|21.||Dr. Kishor Nivrutti Jagtap||Accountancy & Auditing|
|22.||Dr. Hanumant Popat Shinde||Banking Finance and Insurance|
|23.||Dr. Hemlata Namdev Kavare||Banking Finance and Insurance|