Welcome to the Department of English
English has come of age as a global language with astounding demand for employability and prosperity especially in emerging economies. The English department of Shri Shahu Mandir Mahavidyalaya, has the distinction of being one of the oldest in the city offering specialization in English at the undergraduate level since its inception in the year 1960. The department also runs MA in English since the academic year 1999-2000, to further enhance student’s prowess and artistry in language and literature. Almost every year, it hosts renowned guest faculties like Dr. P.K. Sinha, Dr. Chindhade, Dr. Dilip Chavan, Dr. Mrunal Dhongade to name a few.
|SR.NO.||NAME of the TEACHER||DESIGNATION||QUALIFICATION||PHOTO||DETAILS|
|1.||Ms. N.V. Waghmare||Head & Assistant Professor||M.A., NET||CV|
|2.||Dr. Jaysing Babar||Assistant Professor||M. A. , Ph. D., NET – JRF, B.Ed.||CV|
|3.||Mr. Ankit Wadatkar||Assistant Professor||M.A., SET, NET||CV|
- BA English (3 Years)
- MA English (2 Years)
- Students should be familiar with representative literary and cultural texts within a significant number of historical, geographical, and cultural contexts.
- Students should be able to apply critical and theoretical approaches to the reading and analysis of literary and cultural texts in multiple genres.
- Students should be able to identify, analyze, interpret and describe the critical ideas, values, and themes that appear in literary and cultural texts and understand the way these ideas, values, and themes inform and impact culture and society, both now and in the past.
- Students should be able to write analytically in a variety of formats, including essays, research papers, reflective writing, and critical reviews of secondary sources.
- Students should be able to ethically gather, understand, evaluate and synthesize information from a variety of written and electronic sources.
- Language laboratory
- Departmental library
- Career guidance
- Student’s Presentations
- Elocution Competition
- Essay Competition
- Field visits
- Guest lectures
- Certificate Course in Spoken English
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.