Welcome to Department of Commerce
Department of Commerce is one of the largest departments of Shahu Mandir Mahavidyalaya established in 1960. The Department offers B. Com and M.Com programs (CBCS pattern as per the SPPU norms) with specializations in the subject of Accountancy, Cost and Works Accounting, Marketing Management, Banking & Finance and Business entrepreneurship.
The Department of Commerce, PG and Research Centre offer Research programs to both Indian and Foreign nationals. The specializations offered are in the subject of Marketing Management, Business Administration, Accountancy and Business practices. Our research center largely contributed towards the advancement of research in the field of Commerce. Currently research students are pursuing Ph.D. program, while Ph.Ds. have already been awarded from our center. During the last decade the department has made valuable contributions in the field of Commerce by holding several International, National and State level conferences, seminars and workshops on contemporary issues and by publishing research articles and papers in various renowned National and International Journals. The Alumnus of the department are holding important positions at prestigious organizations both in Public and Private sectors and many have made their mark in the Multinational organizations.
- To enable students become responsible towards self, family, and society
- To provide opportunities and resources for production and dissemination of innovative knowledge.
- To make relentless efforts for the spread of education among classes and communities, which are socially and educationally underprivileged.
- To create capable young researchers/teachers with in quest of knowledge and curiosity
- To develop the personality and character of students by value education.
- To be a center of original, productive and innovative thinking
- To provide skill based and value based learning experiences to the learners
- To promote a collaborative academic environment for advance and practical learning to the learners
- To introduce need based professional courses, short-term and long-term courses
- To adopt the blended mode of teaching and learning
|1.||Prof., Dr. Pravin Jadhav||Professor, Head Department of Commerce & IQAC Coordinator||Commerce||
M.Com., LL.B., D.B.M., D.P.M.,
G.D.C. & A., M.B.A.,
|2.||Dr. Neha Nalawade||Associate Professor||Commerce||M.Com., M.A., Ph.D., SET||CV|
|3.||Dr. Yasmin Shaikh||Professor||Commerce||M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.||CV|
|4.||Dr. Sherumal Shende||Associate Professor||Commerce||M.A., M.Phil. , Ph.D||CV|
|5.||Mr. Maruti Bhosale||Assistant Professor||Mathematics & Statistics||M.Sc., M.Phil., SET||CV|
|6.||Dr. Kishor Nawale||Associate Professor||Commerce||
M.Com., Ph.D., SET
G.D.C. & A.,
|7.||Dr. Deepak Gaikwad||Assistant Professor||Marathi||M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., NET||CV|
|8.||Dr. Jaysing Babar||Assistant Professor||English||M.A., B.Ed., NET., Ph.D||CV|
|9.||Dr. Rani Shitole||Assistant Professor||Commerce||M.Com., Ph.D., SET, G.D.C. & A.||CV|
|10.||Mr. Bhausaheb Jadhav||Assistant Professor||Economics||M.A., NET||CV|
|11.||Dr. Dhondibhau Borkar||Assistant Professor||Commerce||M.Com., Ph.D., D.T.L., G.D.C. & A. SET||CV|
|12.||Dr. Rakesh Suram||Assistant Professor||Commerce||
M.Com., Ph.D., NET, D.T.L., D.L.L.& L.W.,
G.D.C. & A.
|13.||Mr. Ganesh Madhe||Assistant Professor||Geography||
NET C.S.I.R., SET,
|14.||Mr. Dinkar Ronkhede||Assistant Professor||Commerce||M.Com., SET||CV|
|15.||Mr. Jeevan Ghanekar||Assistant Professor||Commerce||M.Com., SET||CV|
|16.||Ms. Pradnya Bhojane||Assistant Professor||Commerce||M.Com||CV|
|17.||Mr. Namdeo Bachhevar||Assistant Professor||Economics||M.A., SET||
|18.||Mr. Mahesh Bapusaheb Chopade||Assistant Professor||Commerce||M.Com., SET, GDC&A, CA (Final)||CV|
|19.||Miss. Sheetal Suresh Sukate||Assistant Professor||Commerce||M.Com., SET, Ph.D Pursuing||CV|
|20.||Mr. Vasant Arvind Salunke||Assistant Professor||M.Com., M.Phil, SET, Ph.D Pursuing||CV|
Semester wise Course Structure and Syllabus
F.Y.B.Com (Sem- I)
F.Y.B.Com (Sem- II)
S.Y.B.Com (Sem- III)
S.Y.B.Com (Sem- IV)
T.Y.B.Com (Sem- V)
T.Y.B.Com (Sem- VI)
This program could provide industries, Banking Sectors, Insurance Companies, Financing Companies, Transport Agencies, warehousing etc., well trained professionals to meet the requirements.
- After completing graduation, students can get skills regarding various aspects like Marketing Manager, Selling Manager, over all Administration abilities of the Company.
- Capability of the students to make decisions at personal and professional level will increase after completion of the course.
- Students can independently start up their own business.
- Students can get thorough knowledge of finance and commerce.
- Students can get thorough knowledge of finance and commerce.
- The knowledge of different specializations in Accounting, costing, banking and finance with the practical exposure helps the students to stand in organization.
Program Specific Outcome
- The students can get the knowledge, skills and attitudes during the end of the B.com degree course.
- By goodness of the preparation, they can turn into a Manager, Accountant, Management Accountant, cost Accountant, Bank Manager, Auditor, Company Secretary, Teacher, Professor, Stock Agents, Government employments and so on.
- Students will prove themselves in different professional exams like C.A., CS, CMA, MPSC, UPSC. As well as other coerces.
- The students will acquire the knowledge, skill in different areas of communication, decision making, innovations and problem solving in day to day business activities.
- Students will gain thorough systematic and subject skills within various disciplines of finance, auditing and taxation, accounting, management, communicating, computer.
- Students can also get the practical skills to work as accountant, audit, assistant, tax consultant, and computer operator, As well as other financial supporting services.
- students will learn relevant advanced accounting career skills, applying both quantitative and qualitative knowledge to their future careers in business.
- Students will be able to do their higher education and can make research in the field of finance and commerce’s.
To enable the students to learn principles and concepts of Accountancy.
- Students are enabled with the Knowledge in the practical applications of accounting.
- To enable the students to learn the basic concepts of Partnership Accounting, and allied aspects of accounting.
- The student will get thorough knowledge on the accounting practice prevailing in partnership firms and other allied aspects.
- To find out the technical expertise in maintaining the books of accounts.
- To encourage the students about maintaining the books of accounts for further reference.
Marketing and Salesmanship
This course enables the students, the practical knowledge and the tactics in the marketing.
- To study and critically analyse the basic concepts and trends in Marketing.
- To aware of the recent changes in the field of marketing.
Business Mathematics and statistics.
To use and understand useful functions in business as well as the concept of EMI.
- To understand the different concept of population and sample and to make students familiar with Calculation of various types of averages and variation.
- To learn the applications of matrices in business.
- To understand the students to solve LPP to maximize the profit and to minimize the cost.
- To use regression analysis to estimate the relationship between two variables and to use frequency distribution to make decision.
- To understand the techniques and concept of different types of index numbers.
Banking and Finance :
To familiar the students with the fundamentals of banking and thorough knowledge of banking operations.
- To build up the capability of students for knowing banking concepts and operations.
- to make the students aware of banking business and practices.
- To make understandable to the students regarding the new concepts introduced in the banking system.
Compulsory English :
To offer relevant and practically helpful pieces of prose and poetry to students so that they not only get to know the beauty and communicative power of English but also its practical application.
- To expose students to a variety of topics that dominates the contemporary socio-economic and cultural life.
- To develop oral and written communication skills of the students so that their employability enhances.
- To develop overall linguistic competence and communicative skills of students.
Business Economics (Micro)
To provide students knowledge of Micro Economic concepts and inculcate an analytical approach to the subject matter.
- To arouse the student’s interest by showing the relevance and use of various economic theories.
- To apply economic reasoning to solve business problems.
Organizational skill development
To make familiar the students with the emerging changes in the modern office environment and to develop organizational skills.
- To build up the conceptual, analytical, technical and managerial skills of student’s efficient office organization and records management.
- Technical skills among the students for designing and developing effective means to manage records, consistency and efficiency of work flow in the administrative section of an organization will be developed.
- To develop employability skills among the students.
To make the students aware about the business communication.
- To understand the process and importance of communication.
- To develops awareness regarding new trends in business communication, various media of communication and communication devices.
- To extend business communication skills through the application and exercises.
- To course aims to enlighten the students on the accounting procedures followed by the Companies.
- Student’s skills about accounting standards will be developed.
- To make aware the students about the valuation of shares.
- To impart knowledge about holding company accounts, amalgamation, absorption and reconstruction of company.
Business Economics (Macro)
- To familiarize the students with the basic concept of Macro Economics and its application.
- To aware students about Gross National Product (GNP), Net National Product (NNP), Income at Factor cost or National Income at Factor Prices, Per Capita Income, Personal Income (PI), Disposable Income etc.
- To study the relationship among broad aggregates.
- To apply economic reasoning to solve the problems of the economy.
- To understand the concept & functions and importance of management and its application.
- To make the student understand principles, functions and different management theories.
Elements of Company law
- To impart students with the knowledge of fundamentals of Company Law and provisions of the Companies Act of 2023.
- To apprise the students of new concepts involving in company law regime.
- To acquaint the students with the duties and responsibilities of Key Managerial Personnel.
Indian Banking System – I
- To enables students to understand the reforms and other developments in the Indian Banking.
- To impart knowledge about functions and role of Reserve Bank of India.
Cost and works accounting – I
- To understand Basic Cost concepts, Elements of cost and cost sheet.
- Providing knowledge about difference between financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Ascertainment of Material and Labour Cost.
- Student’s Capability to apply theoretical knowledge in practical situation will be increased.
A course in environmental studies
- To furnish awareness about environmental problems among people.
- Import basic knowledge about the environment and its allied problems.
- Developing an attitude of concern for the environment.
- Acquiring skills to help the concerned individuals in identifying and solving environmental problems.
Business Regulatory Framework (Mercantile Law)
- The student will well verse in basic provisions regarding legal frame work governing the business world.
- To know the students with the basic concepts, terms & provisions of Mercantile and Business Laws.
- To develop the awareness among the students regarding these laws affecting trade business, and commerce.
- To provide the knowledge of various accounting concepts.
- To impart the knowledge about accounting methods, procedures and techniques.
- To acquaint students with practical approach to accounts writing by using software package and by learning various accounts.
Auditing and taxation
- Students will be versed in the fundamental concepts of Auditing and different aspects of tax.
- Students can understand Income Tax system properly, and can get the knowledge of different tax provisions.
- To give knowledge about preparation of Audit report , Submission of Income Tax Return, Advance Tax, and Tax deducted at Source, Tax Collection Authorities under the Income Tax act, 1961.
Banking and Finance II (Financial Markets and Institutions in India)
- Enable the students with Financial Markets and its various segments.
- To give the students and understanding of the operations and developments in financial markets in India.
- To acquaint them to gain an insight into the functioning and role of financial institutions in the Indian Economy.
Cost and Works Accounting II
- To keep the students conversant with the ever – enlarging frontiers of Cost Accounting Knowledge.
- Students can get knowledge of different methods and techniques of cost accounting.
- To impart knowledge about the concepts and principles application of Overheads.
Cost and Works Accounting III
- To provide knowledge regarding costing techniques.
- To give training as regards concepts, procedures and legal Provisions of cost audit.
Banking and Finance III (Banking Law and Practices in India)
- To enlighten the student’s knowledge on Banking Regulation Acts.
- To give a thorough knowledge on Indian Banking System and Acts Pertaining to it.
- To provide understanding of nature, importance, of banking sector.
- To know the structure of finance related areas.
- To impart knowledge regarding source of finance for a business.
- Central Library
- Indoor Library and Information Centre
- Free Wi-Fi
- Study Training & Work Shop.
- Career Counselling
- Campus Placement
- Well equipped Computer Lab.
- Dedicated faculty
- All Government and University Scholarships
- Campus Placement
- Induction program was organised for First Year students of BBA & BBA (CA) on 17th December 2021. Prof. Pranjal Jadhav from MM IMERT, Pune invited as chief guest for the program
- Webinar on “Internship and Project Report Preparation for BBA students were organised on 02.03.2022. Resource Person Dr. Mangesh Waghmare, Head Dept. of BBA & BBA (CA) New Arts Comm. & Science, Ahmednagar guided 102 students. Participants from various colleges attended the webinar.
- 57 students were participated in “One day workshop on Technologies to control environmental challenges organised in association with CEPHA Network & IITM.
- Student of FYBBA Siddhant Sudhakar Kindre actively participated in Mula-Mutha River Cleaning.
- Four students Aditya Shinde; Sabir Ansari, Divesh Pujari, (FYBBA (CA)) And Sohel Maneri SYBBA (CA) were participated in NSS Special Camp held at Sakurde, during 7– 13th February
- Student of SYBBA Abhishek Khaire actively participated and represented the college in Street Play Competition held at Appasaheb Jedhe College. On 15.03.2022.